We are a company by gamers, for gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
THE ROLE - Senior Technical Engineer
As a senior technical engineer, you'll design, build and optimize the core proprietary engine technology and tools that lie at the heart of our games. Ultimately, you create the backbone and infrastructure that runs our games, enable our designers and artists to build even more amazing characters, worlds and experiences and preferably enable experiences that our players would previously have thought to be impossible on the platform at hand. You'll be working closely with our founders to extend and maintain the client, server and backend technology, bring truly new and innovative engine technology to market and help us make a lasting impression on our players.
- You have a passion for programming and a talent for building fast, efficient and scalable game engine technology.
- You have a rock-solid understanding of overall game engine architecture.
- You have a talent for optimizing code for performance, scalability and clarity.
- You have deep and specialized knowledge on one or more of the following topics: rendering, lighting, shading, animation, effects, mathematics, threading, networking, data loading and serialization, compiler development and tools development.
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies: iOS, Android, Mac OS X, Linux, Windows, ARM, PowerVR, OpenGL, DirectX, PlayStation, Xbox
- You've worked on, completed and shipped several games.
- You have extensive experience with console development.
- You have eight years (or more) professional work experience as an engineer.
- You are fluent in C++; proficient with Python.
- Master's level degree in computer science or related field.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and aren't afraid to voice your opinion.
- You are able to work on-site at the Super Evil Lair in San Mateo, Calif.
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies: Redis, MongoDB, AWS
- You have a deep interest in play mechanics and a passion for game design.
In order to apply you will have to provide us with sample code and ideally running executables of systems you've previously designed and built. You will also need to be able to talk to its design constraints, implementation decisions, technical details, performance, scalability and trade-offs.