We are a company by gamers, for gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
All positions require you are able to work on-site at the Super Evil Lair in San Mateo, California.
The ROLE - senior Editor
The Super Evil Megacorp Senior Editor is a full-time position on the Editorial Team responsible for informing, educating and inspiring Vainglory's millions of players worldwide. The Senior Editor will work in all official channels, especially prominently in-app, vainglorygame.com, and related experiences. This position reports directly to Evan "PlayoffBeard" Denbaum, Director of Content Strategy.
- Primary Editorial Team writer, regularly covering:
- Current and upcoming in-game features & updates
- Educational topics of importance for players at all lifecycle stages
- Heroes & Skins merchandizing
- Community events (in-game & out)
- Competitive eSports tournaments and championships
- Maintain all text in editorial calendars and shared documents, keeping the editorial team members and stakeholders consistently in the loop and ensuring they have access to all information needed to complete their jobs. This includes all in-app banner headlines, captions and summaries needed for content localization and marketing initiatives.
- Creator of all text for Editorial Team / Biz Ops group strategic opportunities, including:
- Push notification campaigns
- Content personalization in various channels
- Partner initiatives
- Key team member for all Editorial Team planning and strategy
- Must be flexible, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and comfortable quickly shifting focus and energy to lean into fast-emerging opportunities. This role is best suited for a self-starter who can work independently as needed, to own and drive critical projects on an ongoing basis.
- Experience as a Professional Creative copywriter
- At least 1-2 years experience in the gaming industry
- Experience with the MOBA genre
- Experience in eSports writing
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines with complete ownership of assigned projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Great communicator and go-getter
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Proficiency in HTML, WordPress and PhotoShop
- Experienced Vainglory player
- Console and PC Gaming industry experience
- Competitive and passionate gamer
Submit professional and/or relevant published writing samples with your resume for consideration.